Vegan Buckwheat Granola
Tasty and vegan granola for breakfast
· 50g raw buckwheat groats
· 100g rolled oats (or sub all buckwheat groats)
· 80g chopped raw nuts (Almonds, pistachios, walnuts)
· 30g desiccated coconut
· 1 tablespoon chia seeds
· 1 tablespoon flax seeds
· 1 tablespoon coconut sugar /brown sugar
· ¼ tsp sea salt
· ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 40ml coconut, avocado, or olive oil
· 80ml maple syrup (plus more to taste)
· 30g nut or seed butter
· 60g dried fruit (dried cranberries/blueberries )
1. Preheat oven to 160C. To a mixing bowl, add buckwheat groats, oats, nuts, coconut, chia seeds, cranberries, coconut sugar, sea salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
2. Over medium-low heat, warm oil, maple syrup until melted and combined. Then add the nut butter and stir to combine. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well to coat.
3. Spread mixture evenly onto a baking sheet - bake for 25-30 minutes (or until fragrant and deep golden brown), stirring at halfway point for evenness.
4. Place cooled granola in a sealed container that’s air-tight - it should keep a few weeks.