Nutritious, freezable and easy simple, fibre-rich and filling
1 medium onion, chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 small potato, chopped
¼ cabbage, finely sliced
250g green veg, chopped to 1cm
All the no-cook tomato sauce
2 litre of veg stock (3 stock cubes)
½ teaspoon salt + ground pepper
1 x 400g tin beans
Pinch cloves (optional)
1. Preheat olive oil in a soup saucepan.
2. Make a litre of stock, dissolving the 2 cubes into a litre of hot water
3. Add the onion, carrot and celery (mirepoix/sofritto) and sauté until softened.
4. Add the stock and your potato and cabbage and chopped greens (green beans, courgette, broccoli, kale, peas)
5. Add the no-cook tomato sauce (see recipe) plus salt + pepper + pinch of ground cloves (cloves optional)
6. Cook for 5 minutes, then add pasta. Cook for another 10 minutes.
7. Add your protein of choice: white beans, chickpeas
8. Warm for a few minutes and add extra water if it’s too thick, then serve with veggie parmesan. You could add a teaspoon of basil pesto if you have it handy.