Lemon & Lime Cheesecake
Treat yourself with this zesty treat.
· 75g chopped raw almonds (not toasted or salted)
· 60g desiccated coconut
· 120g pitted Medjool dates – about 16 large dates (smaller, drier dates soak in warm water for 5 minutes)
· 80g rolled oats
· 40 ml melted coconut oil
· 220g raw, unsalted cashews (soaked overnight, then drained)*
· 75 ml coconut cream **
· 60 ml melted coconut oil
· 80ml pure maple syrup
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· Zest & Juice 1 lemon
· Zest of 1 large lime
· Pinch sea salt flakes
2 -3 passionfruit
1. Preheat oven to 180C. In a food processor, add the almonds & desiccated coconut first and whizz until they are roughly chopped.
2. Then add oats, dates & oil and continue processing until it sticks together when you pick up a pinch and press it with your fingers.
3. Choose a 12cm x 35cm flan tin (as pictured) or 20 cm detachable bottom cake tin or muffin tin with paper cases for easy removal
4. Press to form a generous 1 cm crust – avoid it being too thin as the chewy crunchy crust is part of the delight!!!
5. Baking times vary according to tin used: a 12cm x 35cm flan tin, larger 20cm cake tin version (20 minutes’ bake time). Smaller individual muffin size - bake for 12-15 minutes
*Soak the cashews in boiling water for a few hours, speeds up the process **Try chilling a can of coconut milk, scooping the cream from the top
1. Blend the drained cashews in a high powered processor with all other ingredients until creamy. Then pour into cases.
2. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Top with your garnish when ready to eat. To serve – take out of freezer about 15 minutes before presenting to allow a slight thaw.